- My Mama came to visit me this past week. It was so wonderful to see her & spend those few days together! We did a lot of fun stuff, but pertaining to "Fall" we experienced some of the season (yes, even here in Phoenix) by going to a pumpkin patch and corn maze this past weekend. It was such a fun night of just laughing and being out in the night air (which was significantly cooler once the sun went down)
- I have finally settled into my new place that I will likely be in for several months & am also blessed to have a great roommate who is passionate about the Lord.
- It only takes me a couple of hours to drive to one of my favorite places in the world. If you have spent more than 5 minutes with me you probably don't even have to ask where I'm talking about. :) I spent the past 2 weekends there and was blessed by every bit of it. Sometimes crazy things happen that might catch me off guard, but even in those moments I know I am blessed by God. (That's a story for another time...probably not something to post in a blog).
- It is a blessing to see how the kids I work with on a daily basis are progressing and how what I'm doing is making a difference in their lives.
- Hearing how God is working in my friends lives blesses and encourages me immensely. It is such a joy to hear of their faith stories and how He is guiding/teaching them.
- Skype conversations with a precious friend just to catch up on any & everything and to encourage one another just blesses my heart & life so much.
- Talking with family and friends from the Southeast helps me to remember that I'm not just out here alone, but there are people who love and support me and that I'm being lifted up in prayer. It makes a big difference in how my days go knowing that I'm thought of and cared for. Those kinds of things can make a world of difference in how we approach situations. I was thinking about that today...you know, having a friend stand by you gives you such a confidence that you don't always have when you feel you are standing alone. YET, even when we do feel alone - God is ALWAYS standing with us as His children - so we ultimately receive our courage and confidence from Him. It is nice to have people loving & supporting us also in ways that we can feel & see.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Beauty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment