Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ten Sure Ways To Know I’m On The Rez…


1       At any given moment you may find yourself in a dust storm…& we’re not talking little ones either
2.       It’s 100 degrees at 10:30 in the morning…
3.       Getting pulled over by Border Patrol is not out of the ordinary
4.       You have to watch where you step, not because you may trip over a crack, but because you have to look out for snakes, tarantulas, scorpions, cacti, and horse & cow poop (the open range makes for lots of it)
5.       Time is relative….we operate on “ish” time. I love it. J
6.       The desert is DARK at night – no light pollution here, making for an incredible view of the stars. You can literally see millions - & yes, I have seen the Milky Way out here.
7.       There are as many dogs as there are people.
8.       There is no grass.
9.       Monsoon season means 12 inches of rain…for the entire year (& lots of frogs during the month of July).
10.   The most incredible sunsets I’ve ever seen. J

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with 1-10. haha
    I hope you are doing well on the Rez. I miss it so much. I hope God sees it fit for me to go back there one day. :-)

    I love you and I'm praying for you and everyone else at the Rez! :-)

    ReplyDelete